12/26/12

Cocina Mexicana: Spagueti Verde

For Christmas Day Celebration I prepared Spagueti Verde. It was a success! This is a typical Mexican dish made with spaghetti and a Poblano pepper's sauce (just a little spicy). I had several requests for the recipe. Here it is.  :)

Since it has been several years since I prepared and had Spagueti Verde, I also did not have a recipe. I had to resort to the great well of knowledge, the Internet. I found this great little video in Spanish. The main idea came from here, plus some of my own additions. Here is our final recipe in English.  :)

Ingredients:
2 large Poblano peppers
1/2 lb. of spaghetti
2 green peppers, sliced (stems and seeds off)
1 small white onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon of oil
8 springs of cilantro, leaves only
1 cup of Mexican cream, or heavy cream if you cannot find it  :)
1 teaspoon of salt
4 oz. of mozzarella cheese, shredded

Process

  1. Broil Poblano peppers on a baking sheet for 10-15 minutes in each side until blackened. Let the peppers cool. Peel the blackened skins. Remove the stems and seeds. 
  2. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
  3. In a pan with oil,  fry green peppers, onions and garlic until tender.
  4. Place in blender Poblano peppers, cilantro, cream, salt, and the fried mixture. Puree mixture until smooth.
  5. In large bowl mix spaghetti and the green sauce mixture.
  6. Transfer to oven dish, sprinkle with cheese and bake at 350 F for 10 minutes.
  7. Enjoy!
Let me know what you think of it. 

1 comment:

Any ideas or opinions? We would love to hear from you.