10/5/11

Dentist is dentista

We had an awesome day!!!   Today was our first dentist appointment.... and it went great!  KidDOS did super and the exam results: very healthy teeth.  :)




We have been talking so much about doctors since our "bad" pediatrician well check experience. The kids cried and screamed so much, it was embarrassing.  :(    My new report to share with you, our last pediatrician well check:  It was just great. KidDOS had so much fun learning how the doctor actually does all that we have been talking about, viewing in our doctor books and with our playing doctor at home.
Take a look here!
The transition to visiting the dentist was so easy. I just had to say that there is doctors that make sure that your teeth are doing well. Principe first question was: boo-boo?   My answer: No, no boo-boos, he just looks at your teeth, he counts them and then he brushes them. We also got a couple of books from the library, our favorite is ABC Dentist.
I love the experiences with twins.  When it is a bad experience it gets double the effect. (That is not the part that I love). One can be happy, but if the other one starts to cry, then you have two crying kids. And as the second one starts to cry, the first one gets louder. But in the other side of things, (the side that I like) when you have a good experience, it is double the fun. I love how my kidDOS get to do everything together and have a friend for all of their experiences. Today was a perfect example of the twin life.  Both of them seating together while being check by the dentist.  :)
 

In the bilingual side of things, I love to introduce the KidDOS new words that are almost the same, like dentist and dentista. My thought has been that they will remember the word easier. But, what I have observed is that they remember as well the other words like apple and manzana, or azul and blue, or up and arriba.  I wonder how it works in their little minds.   :)

For healthy teeth we brush twice daily, right before bed at nap and at night. And floss as much as we can.  :)

The kidDOS earn a star sticker that goes in our night sky picture every time they complete their dental care routine.

Hope you will also have fun as you go to the dentist.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any ideas or opinions? We would love to hear from you.