7/30/11

Well checks: D is for Doctor

Anyone had an stressful doctor visit? With 2 toddlers in the same visit and Papito not being able to come with us, it was challenging for me. After our last visit I decided to spend some time with the kidDOS learning about reason why we go to the doctor.
Here some ideas I have tried before our next Doctor's visit. We started by reading our now favorite book: TJBearytales: My visit to the Doctor. We have been reading the same book almost every day for a week. I am still amazaed how small children love to read the same book over and over. Now they can almost tell me the story by memory.  Fun, fun, fun.  :)

 Then we created a lap-book which we review every time we read the book. There are so many different ideas, that the activity has been different every day. So, we read the same book, but we do a different activity every time. The ideas were mainly from homeschoolcreations.
All of the Doctor activities are inside the Lap-Book
Each pocket contains a different activity: spelling, counting, matching, colors, numbers, etc.
Doctor's tools and matching parts of the body
Colors little booklet
Counting with band-aids little booklet

We also play Doctor at home. It was so much fun. At the end I think I was their favorite patient. They kept trying all their doctor and nurse skills with me.  :)   What a very fun week.  :)

The Nurse and the Doctor with patients



Different treatments to different patients

Band-aids for everyone



Now I am really looking forward to our next well check. What have you try for a more pleasant doctor's visit?


Update:  We had a wonderful experience in our well check visit, take a look here. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any ideas or opinions? We would love to hear from you.