2/27/19

Beautiful feet

At beginning of the summer I was challenged to count my steps.

Our insurance company provided Fitbits for us in order to keep us active. I realized how sedentary my life was when I started counting steps. So, little by little I started increasing the amount of steps. I started walking some minutes inside the house every hour and I got to 5000 steps. Then my goal became to get 10,000. To do that I had to get out of the house and intentionally go for a walk around my neighborhood. I had to go around at least three times. I did not accomplish it every day, but I was trying to get it at least three or four times a week. Below is one of my best weeks back in July.
Well, my wish has become a reality... living in a little Spanish town, beautiful Santa Cruz de Tenerife, is providing all the opportunities I need for a more active lifestyle.

I walk every day to the kids school back and forth, two or four times a day. I walk to the grocery store, I walk to the pharmacy, I walk to the doctor, I walk, I walk, I walk.
I have been walking so much that my feet hurt. We also realized that our shoes are not made for walking. Most of them are having difficulty making it through our stay here. I had to buy special shoes inserts for my sneakers to add more comfort as I walk. And now all of us have padded shoe inserts in all of our shoes.
My highest day I achieved 25,000 steps. That was a day of many errands. I’m a happy walker. I’m also thankful for the opportunity to try a new lifestyle. Keep walking, is my new moto.
Note: my Fitbit band broke soon after we arrived to Tenerife. I have been carrying it on my pants pocket. We looked everywhere for a new band, but could not find it. Gramma is sending me a new one on the mail soon. I hope it makes it safely. It has been now 27 days since it was sent.


Let's keep walking.
Vale,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Any ideas or opinions? We would love to hear from you.