8/19/13

Beautiful Legacy

Papito and I regularly review our vision and goals as a family. We pray hard. We get into listening mode. We are diligent at putting what we "hear" into practice. And over all, we try to let God be in absolute control of all that we are.

We delight in planning and envisioning. We try to follow the details of the plan as much as possible. We love to review, evaluate and reconsider how we are doing. We rewrite the goals and strategies and go on. However, life is always full of challenges and it often seems we have little control over the future. Allowing God to direct our every step gives us so much peace. He has been such a great and wonderful God. He has been faithful to show us the way even in the darkest of times.

This month we went back home to Mexico to celebrate the 40 year wedding anniversary of "mis papas". As I reflected on the blessing they have been to me, my siblings and my family, I realize how much I am for ever grateful for the beautiful legacy they are leaving behind them.
Surely life is short, and it passes in front of us as a mist, just like the Bible describes it. However, I could see in my parents eyes the newness of their weeding day. And it was now 40 years later. Surely the simple decisions we make today will impact our future, our children's futures, our children's children's futures. Our decisions will leave a legacy.

Papa y Mama, 

Gracias por las muchas bendiciones que me han dado.
Gracias por la vida.
Gracias por la sabiduria impartida.
Gracias por su amor inagotable.
Gracias por el ejemplo que han sido para mi, mis hermanos, mis hijos y todos los que los rodean.
Gracias por la determinacion para luchar por una vida mejor.
Gracias por la hemosa herencia de una vida de lealtad, amor, sacrificio y honestidad.
Les amo y respeto mucho.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any ideas or opinions? We would love to hear from you.