3/4/13

100 easy lessons


We are in lesson 24 of 100...  the countdown continues.

As I mentioned before, I am reading as much as I can about teaching to read. I have learned some great ideas from different bboks. Some of which have become my favorites. We are using the book "Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons" by Siegfried Englemann as our main guide for our reading adventure. The book is very prescriptive. For me as a new teacher of reading it has been a great help in directing me on what I need to do. 

Some days the kidDOS are eager to do their reading lesson; other days have been hard to keep with our routine. Principe enjoys the lessons more in general. Princesa is more resistant, but willing to try. However, both of them are advancing and now can read little stories composed of 2 full sentences. 
They love to look at the little pictures that come with every lesson's reading. And they are willing to do all the not so fun exercises to get to the fun of discovering what the story is about.
What is a book you like on the topic of teaching to read?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any ideas or opinions? We would love to hear from you.