7/3/11

Most Impactful Book in my Life

Have you ever thought about what book has done the most impact in your personal life?  Last Sunday we had a great message at church about the Bible.
It is incredible to think how much this book has shaped my life, my values and the decisions I make every day. I started to learn about the Bible when I was a little girl, as my family started to get acquainted with the book. So many stories come to my mind from time to time as I encounter different situations in life.

Now, as the twins are growing, I have started to repeat passages to them to memorize. We have been working on Psalm 23. We repeat it every night before bed, and now after a couple months, they almost know it all. However, some days I do not find time myself to go back and read it again. I know it is all about priorities. A challenge to myself it is to be more diligent in reading the Bible every day.

When was the last time you read the Bible? Would you like to join me in the challenge of daily Bible reading?

Here a thought that was shared with us at church. (Author not known by me)




THE UNIQUENESS OF THE BIBLE


This Book is the mind of God,
The state of man,
The way of salvation,
The doom of sinners,
The happiness of believers.

Its doctrines are holy,
Its precepts are binding,
Its histories are true,
Its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise,
Believe it to be safe,
Practice it to be holy.

It contains light to direct you,
Food to support you,
Comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff,
The pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword,
The Christian’s character.

Here paradise is restored, Heaven opened,
The gates of hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject,
Our good its design,
The glory of God its end.

It should fill the memory,
Rule the heart,
Guide the feet.

Read it slowly, frequently, prayerfully.

It is a mine of wealth,
A paradise of glory,
A river of pleasure.

Follow its precepts and it will lead you to Calvary,
To the empty tomb, to a resurrected life in Christ,
Yes, to glory itself, for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any ideas or opinions? We would love to hear from you.